I recently discovered this sourcing hack while getting a demo of a text messaging platform. After getting an expensive bid I figured that I better do some research on my own. After I did some digging I discovered a free solution! You can send a text message through an email account. Below is the steps to create and send a recruiting text messaging campaign:
- First you will need to have the individual’s number. You’re a master sourcer – it’s not that complicated to find it! 😉
- Go to this website: http://freecarrierlookup.com and paste the number.
- Once you click (search) you will be able to see the carrier company and SMS Gateway Address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy the SMS Gateway Address and go to your email.
- Paste that in the send (to:) section of the email. Make sure your message is less than 20 words and click send.
Boom! It’s that easy to send out a free text message using email.
Its just that simple to start creating recruiting text messaging campaigns. I usually utilize both text and email at once and try to direct them to call me back directly. My response rates have gone up dramatically in the past few months (70-80%). I hope this tip helps you, fellow sourcer. 😉